Duration: 2.5 days
Price: € 2550 plus VAT
Language: German or English
Technicians and engineers in particular are increasingly required in industrial operations to make or prepare the right decisions concerning appropriate technical security measures and security technologies. This requires deeper security knowledge and a good understanding – be it of threats, current attack campaigns or the use of technical protection measures.
Content of Training
- Procurement of a secure system
- IEC 62443 risk analysis
- ICS/OT protocols
- Overview Wired and Wireless Protocols
- Industrial Protocol Details
- Profinet and Profibus
- IEC 60870-5-104
- IEC 61850
- IEC 62351
- OPC and OPC UA
- Hart and Wireless Hart
- Wireless Protocol Details
- Cellular network
- LoRa (Long Range) and LoRaWAN
- Securing industrial protocols
- Network-based attacks
- Denial of service attacks
- Man in the middle attacks
- SMB relay
- Incident handling introduction
- Advanced OT Network Security
- Network segmentation
- Separation of IT and OT
- Introducing a DMZ
- Introducing zones with PERA (Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture)
- Implementing micro-segmentation
- Pitfalls and benefits
- ICS Firewall
- ICS specific firewall topics
- Examples for honeypots in OT
- ICS honeypots and scanning
- Concluding exercise
- Network segmentation
- Applying security measures in OT
- Overview of security requirements and implementation
- User Management
- Credential Management
- Host Hardening
- System Monitoring and Network Detection
- Remote Access
- Backup and Recovery
- IEC 62443 certification
- Lockpicking Challenge and Q&A
After the training the participants should
- further consolidate and deepen existing knowledge in IT and OT security.
- know how to technically implement security measures in the OT operation.
- have a basic understanding of OT transmission technologies and protocols.
- understand different network protection measures in the OT through the Purdue model.
- know the procedure for partitioning and zoning of an architecture according to IEC 62443 including the security levels.
- have gained insight into the use of honeypot systems against attackers.
- understand the relationship between physical security and OT Security.
29. June – 01. July 2021
ICS.211 Certified OT Security Technical Expert TÜV® (COSTE)
29. June – 01. July 2021, 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
Online, € 2550 plus VAT
Our Self-Assessment Questionnaire gives you an idea of whether you are a suitable candidate for the Certified OT Security Technical Expert training. To enroll in the advanced training courses, we require proof of your experience and training in the OT Security area, regardless of the result of the questionnaire. Based on the provided documents, we will decide whether to enroll you directly in the advanced course.