Limes Security GmbH is the leading OT Security expert in the German-speaking region of Europe. We assist you with secure operation of industrial plants and with the development of secure industrial solutions and products. In addition, Limes Security offers OT security training and certification through the Limes Academy.
Limes Security – Defending what matters
Your partner for OT Security assessments, consulting and training
The Limes Security Team
The Limes Security team consists of more than 20 experts in the field of OT Security, who are qualified by a variety of relevant certifications in addition to first-class education at the leading universities in the field of cyber security at national and international level. The Limes experts work closely with the international security community, are co-developers of recognized security standards and are constantly active as speakers at international conferences and universities.
Alpha Strike Labs
To further expand its cyber security expertise, the security research company Alpha Strike Labs became part of Limes Security. Alpha Strike Labs specializes in global Internet scanning for threat analysis and external attack surface detection, as well as identifiying the cyber infrastructures of organizations and enterprises.
From wind energy world market leaders to Internet-of-Things pioneers, global players in industrial plant engineering and urban infrastructure operations – these companies and many others rely on Limes Security.
As an OT Security veteran, Thomas Brandstetter brings many years of experience in various technical and management functions to his role at Limes Security. For example, incident handler of Stuxnet, setup of Siemens Hackproof Products Program and as Head of Siemens Product CERT.
- Professor for IT Security & Cybersecurity FH St. Pölten & DeMontfort University
- Blackhat Review Board Member
- Active Member of the Cybersecurity Research Community and Speaker at e.g. Black Hat, SANS SCADA, IFIP WG11.10 and Defcon ICS Village
Johannes Klick is THE Internet Scanning expert and mastermind of the DCS platform. He provides expertise in the OT security area as well as in auditing large system environments and contributes to the development of the DCS platform and to complex OT assessments.
- Former head of the SCADACS research group at the FU Berlin
- Publications in the field of applied IT security among others Chaos Communication Camp 2019, Blackhat USA 2015, PHDays III Russia, NATO CyCon 2021
At Limes Security, Peter Panholzer is not only the driving force behind operational processes, but also a specialist for security in operational processes. As a long-standing expert for security in software development processes, as well as an ISO27001 auditor, he supports the implementation of organizational security topics.
- Committee member IEC 62443 standard
- NIS Auditor
- Lecturer at the Johannes Kepler University
Tobias Zillner is an expert in industrial and IoT security. With his many years of experience in penetration testing, he drives the standardization and ongoing quality improvement of assessments at Limes Security.
- Expert for Embedded Systems and Wireless Security
- NIS Auditor
- Speaker at international conferences (Black Hat, Chaos Communication Camp, DeepSec, IT-SECX)
- Lecturer for Industrial Security & Saftey, Advanced Network Analytics & Industrial Communications at FH St. Pölten and University of Vienna
At three locations in Austria and Germany, Limes Security supports manufacturers as well as operators with customized security consulting projects.
Wipplingerstraße 33, 3rd Floor