The System Hardening Windows training teaches system administrators how to operate a secure Windows-based system. The theoretical concepts of server hardening will be discussed, as well as concrete practical measures in the areas of user and network configuration, installation of updates, firewall configuration and the secure configuration of daemon services.
The training is particularly recommended for
Administrators, who want to improve the security of their systems against the world wide web or intranet.
The training in a nutshell
- Ideal training for creating hardening baselines
- Duration: 2 days
- Course Language: German or English
- Requirements: No previous knowledge, own notebook necessary
- Completion with certificate of participation
- Public and in-house training possible
Content of training
The participants can expect the following content for the selected training:
- Attacker map
- Hardware and Software Inventory
- Secure configurations
- Controlled access, Malware Defense and Boundary Defense
- Data Recovery and Data Protection, Incident Response and Audit Readiness
- User Configuration, Features, and Role Configuration, Network Configuration, and NTP Configuration
- Update Installation
- Firewall configuration and configuration of remote access
- Service configuration
- Additional hardening measures
- Logging and Monitoring
After the training the participants should…
- know how to improve your Asset Inventory and monitor the system landscape.
- understand how access management systems work and how to use them effectively.
- have deep knowledge about hardening measures for Windows-based systems.
- be capable to lastingly reduce the attack area on your Windows systems and increase your company’s security level.
for a security hardening baseline in Windows